8.20.2008

I knew I'd find a reason to buy myself something...



Jeff was at a LPL conference last week in Chicago. Ofcourse he stayed downtown in one of the nicest hotels in the city and was only a block away from Michigan Ave. What does that mean?...That means mommy decided she was going to! I actually only went Wed/Thur and got the pleasure of riding up with Nina (she was headed to the city for a business meeting). It couldn't have worked out more perfect. I spent the majority of my time shopping on Michigan! OFCOURSE! Plus, I got to see my other BF Shannon. We had a girls dinner and the boys met us after. Even though it was a short stay (and a baby free stay thanks to gigi and papa) it was nice to get away for just a night!

Oh and by the way...apparently they were practicing for the air and water show the day I was shopping Michigan. Being the small town southern il girl I am...I was almost positive we were under a terrorist attack for a good 5 minutes. I wish you could have seen the look on my face when these planes were flying in between the buildings! I was sure something suspicious was going on. It wasn't until NO ONE was taking cover and I heard the guy walking in front of me say they do this type of thing every year that I realized my life was not going to end that day. After that whole experience I treated myself to a nice new pair of jeans from Nordstrom. I deserved it, right?! Well, it's a good excuse even if I didn't deserve it.

2 comments:

NMB said...

Please send me those pictures... Yours are SO much better than mine. That's why I haven't posted any...I'm sure you wondering :) xo

NMB said...

ps: I LOVE that I look T.A.N! Great pic of us... I think might be best thus far.