12.23.2008

Remembering the real reason...

Fyi: My husband gets lots of reader questions on his financial blog. Recently, he got a question regarding Christmas and spending. I really enjoyed the article written on his blog by guest poster, Joe Plemon titled: "No Money? Celebrate Christmas by Serving Others."

Sometimes we tend to forget what Christmas is really about. It's not about the gifts, or the food, or the get togethers, or Santa Claus (although those are all nice perks)...it's about the birth of Jesus. What can you do this Christmas to serve others? You should think about it....

2 comments:

Shorty said...

Yes, we should definitely think about serving others. My grandfather used to always serve food at a shelter during the holidays, and that's something I've considered, but have always been held back by fear. Great post! We can certainly learn from you guys!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

What a great article and so true! I feel like this year my husband and I have been running around and stressing ourselves out trying to get the "perfect gift" for everyone and have let the true meaning of Christmas slip to the back of our minds. Not to mention our bank accounts have taken a hit! I'm going to keep this in mind for years to come. It's nice to be reminded of this!