12.17.2008

Silence....

The Mother-in-Law has headed home. J, P, and I have the house back to ourselves. I have to say it was very nice to have her here for 2 full weeks. She cooked, cleaned, grocery shopped, hemmed a few pairs of my pants, was a live in nanny...and now it's all back to reality. Those job duties have been turned back over to me. DARN!

I'm not going to lie though, it's nice to have some peace and quiet in the house. Two weeks is a long time to have anyone in your home...even your bf...so J and I were ready to get back to normal.

Except, I think I could have eaten her fried rice just ONE MORE TIME before she left. I watched her make it and took notes...but I can guarantee I won't do it as good. Poor J, he called from work today and told me that he ate a late lunch because he figured now that his ma is gone, there is no one here to cook dinner. :( I guess I better start stepping it up.

3 comments:

AmyT said...

I'm sure it has been nice having her there - but I know what you mean, it's nice when the company leaves..... :-)

Abbi said...

that's awesome! nice break for a while and perfect timing for the holiday's to get everything done! love to see them come and go...lol!! no, i really love my mother in law!

Shorty said...

Aaawwww...hang in there. I hope getting back to your own routine is an easy adjustment. And, i'm sure your cooking will be fahhhbulous! I always miss my mom after she leaves. My Hubby...well, he's always grateful when that day comes. It was very sweet of you to enjoy your mom-in-law's company for two weeks! I commend you!