1.04.2009

I can't stop thinking....

....about a blog I came across today. I was searching through the Top 50 Mommy Blogs, done by MomDot - which by the way, if you haven't checked out who made the list GO NOW (one of my favorite mommy bloggers was #1, MckMama from My Charming Kids) - and I just happened to come across one of the most touching blog sites I have ever seen.

Let me just start by saying that I am sorry to be posting...AGAIN...about the death of a child, but I couldn't help but feel so connected to this family. The blog happened to be the #19 Top Mommy Blog and I clicked. Never knowing that within the first 2 minutes I would have tears streaming down my face. The blog is named Baby Mac. It is a site completely dedicated as a memorial to baby Mckallister. I would love to tell you the story about this wonderful baby, but the site says it all. Now, I warn you, you will cry. Not just "some tears", you will have lots of tears. Please make sure you are not at work when you visit Baby Mac's site.

This blog will put everything in perspective for you. If you were angry at your child for throwing legos, or for hitting the dog, or for not eating his vegetables...you will soon realize that all of those things don't matter. I was so touched by this post that I had to go wake up my 17 month old from his nap just so I could hold him. And again, the tears are flowing.

Photobucket
But, honestly, I feel so blessed to have a healthy baby. If you are feeling stressed or overwhelmed or hateful or negative about all the things that mommyhood requires...I promise you won't feel that way after realizing that you have a healthy baby that you can hold and touch. Baby Mac taught me a lot...and even though I cried and felt so sad for his family...I feel honored to have come across this memorial site.
(I will do my best to write more upbeat posts this week, but I couldn't pass up the chance to share this site with you.)

6 comments:

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Wow! That was so incredibly sad. I read the Baby Mac story and it was heart breaking. Thanks for sharing the links for these stories.

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, I just read this at work, not a good idea. This is heartbreaking, it just teaches us to never take anything for granted and to squeeze the little one a little bit tighter and longer :)

AmyT said...

I've read a few blogs like that...I cry every time...it really makes you realize how blessed you are.

Katy said...

We are very blessed aren't we. I haven't gone to Baby Mac's site, but I'm kinda scared to. I just cannot imagine what a family goes through w/ the loss of a child.

Angie said...

So I read this at work even though you warned me not to and it was gut wrenching. It def made me feel blessed for my girls. The funny thing is I was feeling frustrated last night on my way to work I mean having a 4 month old a 2 1/2 year old and working 12 hour shifts on midnights is enough to stress anyone out, but after reading this I just felt very blessed for my beautiful girls and the frustration seemed to just disappear. So thank you for sharing this story.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

This is so sad.

My college friend just went through the exact same thing. She was supposed to deliver on December 29 and went in on December 26 and they didn't hear a heartbeat. She had to go through labor and the whole thing was just heartbreaking. They had his funeral and my heart just breaks for this young family.